- Atta Africa Financial Update (100)
- #Indaba2017... It's a wrap
- #Indaba2017: Indaba rebranded to Africa's Travel Indaba
- President Zuma in Durban to officially open Indaba 2017
- East Africa: Tour d'EAC 2017 - the Tourism Circuit
- Air India eyes Nairobi again after 7 year absence
- Zimbabwe: Tourism Sector Records Increase in Occupancy
- Wine and Food Tourism Conference to focus on customer experience, growing loyalty (1)
- Tourist gets lucky as she spots escaped Kruger lion being recaptured
Tanzania: Tourism Sector to Benefit From Chinese Visit
A DELEGATION of 100 Chinese including eight celebrities is in the country to visit various tourist destinations, among them Selous Game Reserve, Lake Eyasi, Serengeti National Park and Pemba.
During their visit, the delegation will take video films and photos which will be broadcasted on China based television Anhui which has more than 500 viewers so that more Chinese and other people across the world can be aware of what Tanzanian is endowed with in the tourism sector.
Speaking in Dar es Salaam yesterday, Zanzibar's Minister for Information, Tourism, Culture and Sports, Rashidi Ali Juma said that through their visit Tanzania will be in a good position to promote its tourist attractions and attract more international visitors.
"I believe that the video films which will be aired through Anhui television will help to promote Tanzania's tourism and hence attract more tourists from China and other parts around the globe," the minister said.
He observed that the tourism sector in the country has been growing in the recent years, whereby the number of visitors has increased to 1.3 million in 2016 compared to 1.1 million in 2013, which has earned the country 2.13bn/- compared to 1.2bn/- collected in 2013.
Source: All Africa