- Nairobi to land Sh4.6m per person luxury flight
- South Africa’s Environmental Minister Edna Molewa: Plan to sell rhino horn and wildlife
- Air France resumes Nairobi service from Mar 2018
- SA sees 'slight decrease' in rhino poaching in 2017
- #ShockWildlifeTruths: Rhino horn online auction pros and cons, readers respond
- Tanzania: $156m Plan to Boost Tourism in Ruaha, Selous
Ethiopia: Govt Committed to Transform Tourism
The Ethiopian Tourism Organization (ETO) said it is committed to transform the tourism sector through creating massive investment opportunities for developers and exploiting the untapped tourism potential of the country.
Ethiopian Tourism Organization Public and International Relations Director Getnet Yigzaw told The Ethiopian Herald that the Organization is endeavoring to attract and engage investors in the development of hotels and tourism industries in tourist destination sites.
Emphasizing that attractive investment package is arranged for investors who are interested to commence business in parks like the Semien Mountain National Parks, he added "Investors from Saudi Arabia and Israel are now showing interest to invest in the country in this regard"
The involvement of potential investors in the tourism sector would generate considerable benefits to the country and step up its economic growth. Getnet emphasized adding, the availed attractive incentives packages include grace period.
Accordingly, the nation has set a scheme to boost its tourism revenue and increase sector's share to its Growth Domestic Product (GDP) through utilizing more from its longstanding huge natural and man-made tourist destinations.
Source: All Africa