- Rwanda: Tembera U Rwanda - Domestic Tourism Drive 'Making Big Gains'
- Asky Airlines adds new Nigeria - Ghana routes from July 2017
- Atta Financial Update (22)
- New Winelands portal to unlock the future of wine and wine tourism
- Africa to Launch Single Air Transport Market in 2018
- How sustainable tourism is rising in Africa
- Zimbabwe: Zim Set to Host Africa Youth in Tourism Conference
South Africa makes major push to boost visitor numbers from China
Chinese travelers want to experience South Africa's special warmth, soul, color and smiles, says Bradley Brouwer, the tourism bureau's president for the Asia Pacific region.
He says Chinese tourists like the country's UNESCO world heritage sites, wildlife, and outdoor activities.
Between January and November 2016, more than 117,000 Chinese visitors traveled to South Africa, a 38 percent increase compared with the same period in 2015.
And it is expected that the total spending by Chinese visitors will reach $100 million in 2017.
South Africa will open two new visa centers in Chinese cities by the end of this year, adding the total of 11 so far.
Source: China Daily