- Chinese Tourists Showing Increasing Interest in Africa as Number of Inbound Visitors Jumps 7% in Three Years
- Atta Africa Financial Update 02.11.2017
- KTF Statement on Kenya's Repeat Presidential Election
- Medical Update - Madagascar Plague Update 01 Nov 17
- IIPT to honour “Global Ambassadors of Peace Through Tourism” at WTM London
- Rwanda tourism industry eyes Asia market
- Rhino poachers wipe-out Eastern Cape private game reserve's entire herd
- Application for Membership - Steenberg Hotel & Spa
- Rwanda: Tourism and Hospitality Establishments Get Star Grading
- 7 African Summits. 7 Causes. 7 Weeks? Challenge accepted
Intercounty SGR passenger train launched today
Starting today has Kenya Railways’ SGR operation launched a second daily train between Nairobi and Mombasa, connecting several counties along the way.
The initial train service stopped over in Mtito Andei, the half way station enroute to Mombasa but the new, second train service, now allows passengers to embark and disembark in many more stations.
Athi River, Emali, Kibwezi, Mtito Andei, Voi, Miasenyi and Mariakani are now connected by SGR passenger trains coming from Nairobi as well as from Mombasa, offering passengers safe and fast transport at very affordable tariffs, compared to the previously only mode of transport to and from these places, i.e. by matatu or bus.
It is hoped that the logistical challenges described in a journey review in October will be resolved, as the second train will bring plenty of more passengers who should not suffer the inconveniences experienced by this author, not during but prior to the journey commencing.
Meanwhile has Kenya Railways / SGR operations also confirmed the timings of the two trains which will now be 08.00 hrs in the morning (Please not that the morning train will no longer depart at 09.00 hrs) and 15.30 hrs in the afternoon, both ways, out of Nairobi and out of Mombasa.
Source: ATC News