- More growth expected in tourism sector
- Eurowings expands intercontinental range to Cape Town, grows long-haul offering
- Zambia is the ITB Berlin 2018 Convention & Culture Partner
- Application for Membership - Natural World Mombasa Safaris
- Ethiopian airline set to begin daily flights to Z’bar
- Thebe Tourism Group announces new tourism products
- Atta Africa Financial Update 07.11.2017
- Introduction of elephants a step closer to the restoration of a wildlife haven
- Kenya: KQ Partners With Europe Tour Operator to Boost Tourism
- Regional mountain hiking project launched in Kigali
V&A Waterfront to host Ocean Life Festival
The V&A Waterfront recently announced the launch of its annual Ocean Life Festival - a new endeavour focused on fostering an appreciation and understanding of South Africa's ocean assets. The festival will see a curated programme of events and activations spread across the property between Monday, 27 November and Friday, 8 December.
“The V&A Waterfront’s Ocean Life Festival will be held on the property every year as one of the ways in which we are looking to celebrate all that is related to the ocean,” said David Green, CEO of the V&A Waterfront.
“Volvo Ocean Race itself has been a catalyst for the evolution of the thinking around the potential of what the oceans economy can look like for the Western Cape, and South Africa. Supporting and developing South Africa’s oceans economy is a significant focus area for the V&A Waterfront, and the annual Oceans Life Festival will be but one of the ways we look to do this.”
This year, the festival will have a strong sustainability message, with many activities focusing on the harm that plastics and other foreign materials do to the world’s maritime assets. The educational programmes that form part of the festival will highlight the deteriorating state of the world’s oceans, and explore innovative solutions to protect the future of our waters.