- Ethiopian Airlines to launch flights to Buenos Aires
- Harare airport renamed: Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
- V&A Waterfront to host Ocean Life Festival
- More growth expected in tourism sector
- Eurowings expands intercontinental range to Cape Town, grows long-haul offering
- Zambia is the ITB Berlin 2018 Convention & Culture Partner
- Application for Membership - Natural World Mombasa Safaris
- Ethiopian airline set to begin daily flights to Z’bar
- Thebe Tourism Group announces new tourism products
- Atta Africa Financial Update 07.11.2017
West Africa Integrated Travel (WAIT) Launched At WTM 2017
The Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) in partnership with the West Africa Tourism Organisation (WATO) has launched a project, West Africa Integrated Travel (WAIT) to connect West Africa seamlessly. The launch event held at the sidelines of the recently held World Travel Market (WTM) in London seeks to promote a joint marketing effort amongst Tourism Boards and Authorities in the sub-region.
Launching the Project, the CEO of Ghana Tourism Authority, Akwasi Agyeman, said the project seeks to provide a platform to increase awareness of West Africa’s tourism products and other related information. ” We need to collaborate as a sub- region to provide a platform for product research and Product Development ” he said.
The Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Hon. Catherine Afeku, who was the special Guest of Honour urged West African countries to embrace the Ecowas protocols of free movement of people as an avenue to link consumers with products and services across the sub-region.
Ms. Ola Wright of WATO said this project builds on past initiatives and thanked GTA for taking the lead.
Source: NB Herard