- Update: Kenya Airways New York Flights
- Zambia Tourism reiterates the availability of the KAZA UniVisa
- Kenya Airways plans New York launch in late-Oct 2018
- Liuwa records increase in tourist visits
- Legal Update: Payment Services Directive
- Singapore Airlines ups flights to SA
- Legal SA: Article on Popi Regulations and Role Of Information Officer
- Najib Balala retains his tourism portfolio as President Kenyatta announces partial new cabinet
- Pure Zanzibar Ltd trading as Pure Zanzibar, Pure Tanzania and Pure Safari
- Merry Christmas from Atta - December 2017
Tanzania: Fresh Initiative to Help Tourism
The future is bright for further growth of the country's tourism sector as the government plans to have a special month for cultural heritage tourism activities annually.
Heritage tourism includes places, artifacts and activities that authentically represent the stories and people of the past as well as cultural, historic and natural resources.
The move comes following the fact that heritage tourism has been lagging behind wildlife tourism, with over 80 per cent coming for wildlife tourism.
Natural Resources and Tourism Minister Hamisi Kigwangalla (pictured) stated yesterday that it is now high time for expanding the tourism sector, so it contributes more to national economy.
Among other economic sectors, tourism leads in contributing to national economy. Revenues from the tourism industry have been increasing year after year. Last year the sector earned 2.1 billion US dollars against the 1.9 billion US dollars realised in the previous year.