- Assassination of famous US wildlife anti-poaching czar shocks East African conservation fraternity
- Could golf be the new tourism frontier for Rwanda?
- Zimbabwe: New Airport for Kariba . . . Move to Boost Tourism
- South African NS18 Dakar / Washington aircraft changes
- ‘How Many Elephants’ Exhibition Is Closing The Gap Between Scientific Information And Human Connection.
- $253m for airports upgrade
- Following China, Hong Kong slaps ban on domestic sale of ivory
- Air Peace Launches Kano, Yola Flights
- South African Airways introduces the new Airbus A330-300 on the Johannesburg to London route and rationalises frequency
- Kenya Airways plans nonstop Nairobi – Cape Town service from June 2018
South African Tourism appoints campaign and partnerships manager
South African Tourism has hired a campaign and partnerships manager to help ensure the trade is benefitting from wide-ranging consumer marketing campaigns.
Rachel Lewis joined the tourism board in the newly-created role from South Australia Tourism Commission, where she was marketing executive.
She said: “I’m here to match up the trade marketing to the consumer marketing. At the moment, they are quite different. We do massive consumer campaigns but they don’t always have the call to action for travel agents, and we want to make sure the trade is benefitting from what’s happening in the consumer space.”
South African Tourism has championed the use of social media ‘influencers’ in its consumer marketing, and while they have always kept up relationships with agents, Lewis said she plans on linking the two routes to market more closely.
Source: Travel Weekly