- South African Tourism appoints campaign and partnerships manager
- Assassination of famous US wildlife anti-poaching czar shocks East African conservation fraternity
- Could golf be the new tourism frontier for Rwanda?
- Zimbabwe: New Airport for Kariba . . . Move to Boost Tourism
- South African NS18 Dakar / Washington aircraft changes
- ‘How Many Elephants’ Exhibition Is Closing The Gap Between Scientific Information And Human Connection.
- $253m for airports upgrade
- Following China, Hong Kong slaps ban on domestic sale of ivory
- Air Peace Launches Kano, Yola Flights
- South African Airways introduces the new Airbus A330-300 on the Johannesburg to London route and rationalises frequency
Zimbabwe: ZTA to Host National Tourism Sector Strategy
The Zimbabwe Tourism Authority (ZTA) in conjunction with the Ministry of Tourism and Hospitality Industry (MOTHI) are set to host the National Tourism Strategic Sector (NTSS) Consultative Workshops tour across various provinces in Zimbabwe between 8 and 23 February 2018.
The NTSS is mapping out how the sector can meaningfully contribute to the country's economy.
In a Stakeholder's Meeting on the Reserve Bank Tourism Facility launched recently in the capital, The Minister of Tourism and Hospitality Industry, Hon Prisca Mupfumira said the strategy seeks to harness and coordinate all efforts for holistic Tourism Development in Zimbabwe and ensure a shared vision for tourism development.
"This forum is the first of its kind and we are very optimistic that contributions from various sectors will add value to the strategy that will be our bible for the next 10 years or so and it is our firm belief that tourism will never be the same again after this exercise." she added.
The Consultative Workshops will run in a series format with a full day dedicated to each location to allow each province to input to the strategy.
The dates and venues are as follows:- Harare 8 February 2018 at the ICC, Bulawayo 12 February 2018 Bulawayo Rainbow Hotel, Victoria Falls 15 February 2018 Elephants Hills Hotel, Masvingo 19 February 2018, Mutare 20 February and lastly Chinhoyi 23 February 2018.