- Zimbabwe banks on Heritage Tourism
- African wild dogs return to Gorongosa National Park
- Malawi signs tourism pact with Zambia
- Zanzibar Gears Up for Major Tourism Show
- Uganda counts gorillas amid tourism-boosting 'baby boom'
- New Atta Members this month – March
- Application for Membership - Travelshoppe Company
- Ethiopia is now Africa's fastest growing economy
- Rwanda tourism set to welcome the next Commonwealth Meeting
- New direct flight between Frankfurt and Addis Ababa
Marriott moves into West Africa
The opening of the Accra Marriott Hotel near the Ghanaian capital marks the Marriot hotel group's debut in West Africa.
The hotel is located opposite the Kotoka International Airport, and just a few kilometres outside of Accra's central business district providing easy access to major corporate businesses, government entities and well known city landmarks
With 208 well-appointed rooms, three dining venues, 800m2 of meeting space, a pool and a fully equipped fitness centre, Accra Marriott Hotel offers state-of-the-art business facilities. Contemporary design and local touches blend to create a distinct and vibrant aesthetic. Innovative spaces, such as The Greatroom, allow guests to seamlessly blend work and play. Guests can experience the ease of mobile check in through Mobile Guest Services.
“We are thrilled to open the Accra Marriott Hotel, a highly anticipated addition to our Africa portfolio and a significant milestone in our journey” said Alex Kyriakidis, president and managing director, Middle East and Africa, Marriott International.
“Accra is the heartbeat of Ghana, a dynamic city bustling with energy. A commercial, manufacturing, and communications centre with great shopping and excellent nightlife, it makes an interesting travel destination both for business and for leisure. The Accra Marriott Hotel will add to the city’s maturing hospitality scene, inspiring guests with more forward-thinking experiences and aesthetically inspiring spaces that speak to their inventive nature.”