- Application for Membership - Boundless Southern Africa
- BA adds Heathrow-Marrakech service
- Tanzania Tourism Sector Review
- Strandfontein desalination water gets thumbs up on rainy Cape Town day
- Ethiopia to make Emperor Menelik’s palace a tourist site
- Application for Membership - Luciano Tours & Travel
- Tourism Transformation Fund: Calling all savvy tourism business entrepreneurs
- EU Film Festival Returns to Harare
- Fastjet, Emirates interline agreement to stimulate future traffic connections
- RwandAir touches down in Cape Town
Rwanda Becomes Arsenal's First Tourism Partner
Rwanda is Arsenal’s first-ever tourism partner.
The top-flight English Premier League football club will have all their teams wear ‘Visit Rwanda’ on the sleeves.
Vinal Venkatesham, Arsenal’s Chief Commercial Officer said the deal will bring Rwanda into people’s minds in a new and dynamic way.
“This is an exciting partnership which will see us support Rwanda’s ambition to build their tourism industry,” Venkatesham said adding that “The country [Rwanda] has been transformed in recent years.”
The three-year partnership will see the new ‘Visit Rwanda’ logo featured on the left sleeve of all first team, under-23 and Arsenal Women’s matches from the new season this August.
As part of the deal, Arsenal players from the men’s and women’s teams will visit Rwanda and club coaches will host coaching camps to support the development of the game for boys and girls in the country.