- Kenya Airways reduces intra-Africa baggage allowance
- SA plans to ease visa admin for holders of valid US, UK or Canadian visas
- Atta wins Gold at Indaba
- Zimbabwe is back with record tourist numbers
- #WTMA18: Digital as the predominant channel for travel
- #Indaba2018: Tourism's time in the spotlight
- Atta Financial Update: 09.05.2018
- South Africa: Tourism Ministers Discuss Integrated Regional Tourism
- Surf’s Up: Direct to Durban
- Fly Paris to Seychelles on Joon, Air France Sister Airlines
RwandAir touches down in Cape Town
With the aim of boosting tourism, trade and investment with the rest of Africa, RwandAir has extended its Kigali-Harare route to include Cape Town.
RwandAir flies routes to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
Speaking at the event launch held in Cape Town on Tuesday 15 May, Rwanda's national carrier country manager for SA, Thembela Dladla says the new Cape Town route has been part of the airline's plans for a long time, with the Mother City being a destination "sought by everyone on the continent".
With 4 flights a week connecting the Mother City to Rwanda, starting from 16 May 2018, Cape Town becomes RwandAir's 26th international destination.
A first for RwandAir
Currently the Kigali-Harare flights operate on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.
This new route, makes RwandAir the first airline to have direct flights between the capital of Zimbabwe and the Mother City. According to KT Press, the extension comes after the Zimbabwean government gave 5th freedom rights to Rwanda's national carrier to travel through to South Africa.
Joram Gumbo, the Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Development, told Daily News that this move will make it easier for Zimbabweans to travel between the two countries and increase revenue at Harare's airport.
Flight schedule, prices and cabins
Flights will be operated 4 times a day on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays - as RwandAir services Kigali & Harare, Harare & Cape Town and Kigali & Cape Town.
The daily schedule is:
- - Departs Kigali at 08:20, arrives Harare at 11:00
- - Departs Harare 11:45, Cape Town 14:45
- - Departs Cape Town 16:20, arrives Harare 19:00
- - Departs Harare 19:45, arrives Kigali 22:30