- Surf’s Up: Direct to Durban
- Fly Paris to Seychelles on Joon, Air France Sister Airlines
- East Africa: Tourism On Indian Ocean Rim Association Meeting
- African Continental Free Trade Agreement to be welcomed as a boost for tourism
- Tourism and Home Affairs 'Close to an agreement' on travel of minors
- Government, Fedhasa address VAT increase concerns across SA hospitality industry
- Morocco National Carrier Set For Flights To 5 East African Cities
- Trade expansion, reintroduction of direct India-S Africa flights between Johannesburg-Mumbai mooted at biz summit
- Marriott moves into West Africa
- Zimbabwe banks on Heritage Tourism
South Africa: Tourism Ministers Discuss Integrated Regional Tourism
Tourism Ministers from several African Countries have called for greater regional cooperation to ensure growth in tourism across the continent.
This emerged at the fifth African Ministerial Session hosted by South African Minister of Tourism Mr. Derek Hanekom in Durban on the eve of Africa's Travel Indaba. This session aimed to lay a foundation for an integrated and sustainable tourism framework for the region.
Themed Integrated Regional Tourism - A tool for economic development, the session afforded African Ministers and key tourism industry experts and players an opportunity to deliberate on the state of tourism in Africa.
"Tourism in Africa is advancing steadily and we have been able to leverage successfully on our geographical and cultural assets to attract tourists to our continent."