- #WTMA18: Digital as the predominant channel for travel
- #Indaba2018: Tourism's time in the spotlight
- Atta Financial Update: 09.05.2018
- South Africa: Tourism Ministers Discuss Integrated Regional Tourism
- Surf’s Up: Direct to Durban
- Fly Paris to Seychelles on Joon, Air France Sister Airlines
- East Africa: Tourism On Indian Ocean Rim Association Meeting
- African Continental Free Trade Agreement to be welcomed as a boost for tourism
- Tourism and Home Affairs 'Close to an agreement' on travel of minors
- Government, Fedhasa address VAT increase concerns across SA hospitality industry
Zimbabwe is back with record tourist numbers
Zimbabwe’s top resort town, Victoria Falls, has received a record number of tourists, and healthy forward bookings, according to Africa Albida Tourism (AAT).
AAT Chief Executive, Ross Kennedy, said monthly measurements across ten hotels in Victoria Falls revealed a 13% increase in occupancy, with more than 5 000 additional rooms sold over the first three months of 2018 compared with the same period last year.
“Talking to my colleagues in the town, it is clear that forward bookings are much stronger than usual for the rest of 2018 and all indicators for 2019 reflect continued growth,” says Kennedy.