- Air Madagascar launches domestic subsidiary Tsaradia
- Fiona Jeffery OBE appointed new Chair of Atta
- Air France proposes Nairobi increase from 31 March 2019
- Cape Town proves its resilience as a water-smart destination!
- AU Commissioner for Infrastructure, Energy and Tourism - Tourism Supports 21 Million Jobs in Africa
- Application for Membership - Glen Avon Lodge CC
- The tide is turning Botswana lifts ban on elephant hunting
- SANParks announces countrywide free access week dates
- Application for Membership - Wild Things Safaris
- Tanzania and Burundi ditch joint East African destination marketing
Scientists in Europe Announce a Breakthrough to Rescue the Northern White Rhinos
On March 18, 2018, the world was devastated by the loss of Sudan, the last male of his kind, to age-related illnesses. It struck a terrible blow for the species, who were then functionally extinct. Thanks to the continued dedication from scientists, conservationists and philanthropists across the world however, the miracle of their renaissance may now actually become a reality.
We hope to be able to soon welcome the scientists to Ol Pejeta Conservancy, where they will perform the ovum pick up (OPU) - harvesting eggs from Fatu and Najin. Once they have the eggs, they can begin the process of bringing a species back from the very brink of extinction.
“This research is groundbreaking. We are witnessing the development of a method that can help to compensate the negative impact of humans on nature. We are very thankful for all donations received from private people supporting our race against time. We hope that the current achievement will help us to convince more people as well as public authorities that this new approach is feasible and worth supporting,” Steven Seet, Head of Press & Communications at the Leibniz - IZW.
In the meantime, we will carry on taking the best possible care of Fatu and Najin and the herd of southern whites specifically selected to one day, hopefully, become surrogates for northern white rhinos. If you would like to donate in memory of Sudan and for the future of the northern whites, please click here.