- Rwandair increases Europe service in Dec 2018/Jan 2019
- F1 coming to Africa as Zimbabwe announces plans to launch Vic Falls Grand Prix
- UnionPay establishes closer ties between Chinese, SA tourism
- AirZimbabwe Board of Directors dissolved and administrators called in
- SA Express will soon be taking to the skies again
- Application for Membership - Matetsi Victoria Falls
- FCO Update: Uganda 06 August 2018
- Communique on the state of tourism in Zimbabwe
- Tanzania: Isles Unveils Team for Tourism Festival
- South Africa to introduce new visa policies for Chinese tourists
Zim Records 12% Rise In Tourist Arrivals
Zimbabwe received a total of 2 422 930 tourist arrivals in the year 2017, a 12% rise from the previous year, largely due to the renewed confidence in the tourism sector by the international community, a cabinet minister has said.
Addressing the press during a welcome reception for Zheing Zhiang Radio and TV Group from China, Minister of Tourism and Hospitality Industries, Prisca Mupfumira said the tourism sector has benefited from last November’s power transition which ushered in the “New Dispensation”
“The Tourism sector is on a rising trajectory. The peaceful transition to the new dispensation in November 2017 totally changed the image and perception of Zimbabwe from a country perceived to be at war with itself to n exceptionally safe and peaceful country.
“The country received a total of 2 422 930 tourist arrivals in the year 2017, which represents a 12% increase from the 2 167 686 tourists received in 2016,”said Mupfumira.