- LATAM moves forward Johannesburg increase to Feb 2019
- Zimbabwe’s new finance minister considering scrapping bond notes
- African tourism has only seen the tip of the iceberg - expert
- South African visa system to be overhauled to boost tourism and investment
- Register Now for Three Day access at WTM London
- Kenya Plans to Court Ryanair, easyJet to Boost Beach Tourism
- Journalist Alert - Wedding Ideas Magazine UK
- Atta Financial Update: 05.09.2018
- Rwanda to Promote Investment, Tourism Sector in China
- Zimbabwe to donate 10 white rhinos to Congo
Qatar Airways to launch flights to Mombasa, Kenya, in December
Qatar Airways will launch direct flights to Kenya’s second city, Mombasa, opening up the country’s beautiful coasts to international holidaymakers.
The new four-times weekly service will be Qatar Airways’ second Kenyan destination, in addition to existing flights to Nairobi.
The flights will be operated with an Airbus A320 from December 11th, with a flight time of just over six hours.
Qatar Airways Group chief executive, Akbar Al Baker, said: “Qatar Airways sees Kenya as an important market for our passengers, so we are delighted to offer this new service to a second Kenyan destination.
“We are sure our new direct daily service to Mombasa will prove very popular with tourists interested in exploring Kenya’s beautiful tropical beaches and coastline, as well as immersing themselves in the city’s fascinating diverse cultural mix.
“This second new route to Kenya, in addition to our existing three daily services to the capital Nairobi, will help make Qatar Airways the first choice for travellers wishing to explore this beautiful country.
“It also demonstrates our ongoing commitment to expand our reach with ambitious new routes around the globe to offer our unrivalled five-star customer service wherever our customers want to fly.”
Bordering the Indian Ocean, tropical Mombasa is Kenya’s main coastal tourist destination and a popular gateway to the country’s amazing white beaches and coral reef diving.
The cosmopolitan city has also become a destination in its own right, thanks to its diverse cultural mix and old town charm.
Qatar Airways first started flying to the Kenyan capital, Nairobi in November 2005.
Source: Breaking Travel News