- African Nation of Djibouti Makes Its WTM Debut
- Ethiopian Airlines - changes to Los Angeles service from 17 December
- Launch of the International Tourism & Investment Conference (ITIC)
- Application for Membership - Journey Beyond
- First direct flight from London to Durban touches down at King Shaka International
- New Atta Members this month - September & October
- Application for Membership - NAC Helicopters Cape Town
- Tanzania: Conference Tourism to Boost Foreign Visitors' Number By 2020
- South African Tourism hits the road
- Fair Trade Tourism Signs Partnership Agreement with Travelife for Tour Operators
Ministers to speak at first International Tourism and Investment Conference
Africa and island economies will be the force of the first International Tourism and Investment Conference being held today (Friday) in London.
Malta’s president Marie Louise Coleiro Preca is to participate in the event alongside other high profile industry figures.
ITIC is designed to serve as a global investment platform bringing together investors, private equity firms, bankers, law firms, technology experts alongside tourism ministers, industry leaders, policy-makers, sector specialists, CEOs of public and private sector institutions.
The aim of the conference is to unlock investment and business opportunities for global tourism through innovative projects.
The launch event will feature a high-level panel discussion into opportunities for tourism and investment partnership.
Other speakers attending the event at the InterContinental Park Lane, Mayfair include:
* Najib Balala, Kenya cabinet secretary in the ministry of tourism and wildlife
* Edmund Bartlett, Jamaica tourism minister
* Gerald Lawless, former Jumeirah Group president and CEO
* Saleh Said, managing director of Pennyroyal, promoter of a tourism village in Zanzibar
The moderator is Anita Mendiratta, founder and CEO of Cachet Consulting and lead consultant of CNN International’s T.A.S.K. Group.
ITIC is an initiative of Daiichi (UK) under the guidance of a advisory board chaired by the former UNWTO secretary-general Dr Taleb Rifai.
The conference will be held next year on November 1st and 2nd.
Source: Travel Weekly