- Maasai Mara 'Moments of Wonder' campaign to boost low-season trips
- KTB - USA Roadshow
- Application for Membership - Thornybush Luxury Game Lodge Collection
- The evolving role of the DMO in optimising tourism opportunities
- South Africa relaxes entry rules for families
- Application for Membership - Safari by Z
- Rwandair adds A330 Harare / Cape Town service Nov 2018 – Jan 2019
- Benin & Seychelles ranked Africa’s most visa-open nations
- Application for Membership - Next360
- New Atta Members this month - November (1)
Kruger National Park gets four vehicles for people with mobility challenges
The Kruger National Park on Tuesday, introduced four vehicles which will be used to transport tourists with mobility challenges on game viewing activities.
The 14 seater activity vehicles can lift weight of up to a maximum of 250 kg.
They were both taken on a two hour game drive.
General Manager of the Kruger National Park, Lucy Nhlapho said this one of the initiatives by the park to enhance the appreciation of people with disabilities. "We would like to ensure that the Park promotes access whilst creating an inclusive environment which provides wildlife experience for all," she said.
Nhlapho said people with disabilities should also be able to use and enjoy the Park. "This is an important segment of the market should not be excluded from interacting with nature."
“We believe that the launch of the activity vehicles for people with mobility challenge will increase awareness and understanding as well as improving access to the tourists with disabilities; in particular the wheelchair users for their benefit and enjoyment.
We place commitment to equity and diversity and these we can only achieve if we give access to everybody in our tourism offerings, regardless of their physical, intellectual of sensory capabilities," Nhlapo said.
Source: Independent Online