- Netherlands to ban raw ivory sales from 2019
- Kenyan & Austrian leaders discuss mutual interests including wildlife conservation
- Turkish Airlines begins flights to Zambia
- Namibia Wildlife Resorts making steady progress in Turkish market
- Once devastated by war, Gorongosa National Park’s wildlife is now thriving
- Trains transforming travel in Africa
- Manchester gains new access to Africa
- South Africa Receives UK Travel Awards
- Cape Town's 'Nowhere Better' campaign to encourage tourists back to 'greatest city on Earth'
- Venture into the Okavango Delta with National Geographic's 360-degree video
What to expect at Cape Town Carnival 2019
The annual Cape Town Carnival takes places on 16 March 2019. The carnival, a platform for artistic and cultural expression is now approaching its tenth iteration, with increasing boldness and confidence and this can be seen in the messages it conveys.
“VUKA UKHANYE: Arise and Shine!", “We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the beautiful ones. It’s time to wake up, raak wys, awaken and be the light!” This is the passionate message of Cape Town Carnival 2019.
This animating theme hopes to see participants and revellers alike to shake off limiting habits and ideas, unlock their power and potential, and be all they can be. It’s a jolt of energy and a celebration of human potential, an uplifting call to create and own a shared future.
When: 16, 17 March 2019 at 15:00, the Fan Walk turns into a pedestrian walkway and at 19:00 the parade begins!
Where: Fan Walk, Green Point, Cape Town.
Continuing this idea through into collaborative brainstorming sessions between participating community members, organisers and artists from more than 50 neighbourhoods’ across Cape Town - creative content will be generated and identified for the Cape Town Carnival.
Read the full article and see more information here: News 24