- Global travel ‘megatrends’ outlined in new report by WTTC
- KTB heads to India and Spain to market destination Kenya
- New platform to promote cultural tourism in Rwanda
- Application for Membership - Tusker Trail
- Cableway welcomes the 28 millionth visitor
- Key tourist sites in Ghana to receive a facelift
- Laura Morrison drives a 1958 Morris Minor from Scotland to Cape Town
- FCO Update: Zimbabwe 18 January 2019
- Uganda targets 1m more tourists in 2019
- Flamingo Land helps create vitally important nature reserve in Africa
Central & Eastern Europe Roadshow in March
Houston Travel Marketing & Travel Advance Prague are once again combining to organise their 8th annual Spotlight on Africa & Indian Ocean Island roadshow from March 25th -29th . The roadshow will include Prague, Budapest and two cities in Poland - Warsaw & Krakow.
Krakow as the second most important city in Poland is home to many outbound tour operators and agents and they expect to attract trade from other southern Poland cities such as Katowice, Rzeszow, Wroclaw and Bielsko-Biala.
Derek Houston mentions that their aim is “quality more than quantity” and they target attendance by senior executives from all the major outbound tour operators who sell Africa, as well as travel agencies and incentive travel companies.
The March 2018 workshops attracted 43 buyers from 33 different companies in Prague, and 37 buyers in Warsaw from 31 different companies.
They are also planning to host important Africa tour operators from Slovenia, Slovakia, Croatia & Bosnia to attend the Budapest & Prague workshops.
More information on the roadshow is available on the Houston website.