- Construction of Ellen DeGeneres campus commences in Kinigi
- New footage released of giant Pangolins in Africa
- Application for Membership - Diani Reef Beach Resort and Spa
- 2019 Africa’s Travel Indaba Date Brought Forward
- Heathrow is off to a ‘stellar start’ in 2019
- Work on Kanyemba floating bridge across the Zambezi is set to begin
- Rare black leopard in Laikipia captured in a photographic first
- African Protected Areas Congress: A Watershed Event For Africa's Parks And Wildlife
- Application for Membership - Touch Down DMC
- Atta meets with Kenya's Deputy President, Dr. William Ruto
Introducing Advisory Board Member: Alex Walters
Company: Great Plains Conservation
Sales & Marketing Manager
Phone: +27 (0)13 750 2629
47 going on 27, half-Swedish, half-Welsh = 100% Organic (swedes and leeks). Lives in rural Wales, married with 2 daughters, 2 cats, 2 dogs, GSOH.
To sum up Alex’s career in travel and Africa in reverse chronological order: Since 2010 he has been Sales and Marketing Manager for Europe and Middle East markets of one of the world's leading social and environmental enterprises, Great Plains Conservation.
This was preceded by 15 years working at various tour operators as product and sales manager in the Africa, Indian Ocean and Indian-subcontinent departments.
Post-university saw two years of managing grant schemes and interviewing expedition teams alongside Sir David Attenborough at the Royal Geographical Society, where I remain a Fellow to this day.
World-expert on 'termite mound distributions in and around dambos', after his three months RGS Supported undergraduate dissertation based in Zimbabwe's communal lands in 1993. King’s College London awarded him a First for that project. I think (he says), as no one had ever done it before, they were not sure whether what I written was utter rubbish or not, which was the start of my sales career and love of Africa.
For more information and to learn more about other members of the Atta Advisory Board please click here.