- African tourism sector booming: second-fastest growth rate in the world
- Application for Membership - Fred & Mildred
- Addis To Host Africa Hotel Investment Forum Hospitality
- Application for Membership - TAASA Lodge
- Tanzania Tourism receives a boost as tourists flock in
- Tourism, Next Big Revenue Generating Sector In Nigeria
- Nairobi to host the 'One Planet Summit'
- New technologies could help conservationists keep better track of Serengeti Wildebeest herds
- Update 6: Accident to Ethiopian Airlines Flight Number ET302
- Update 5: Accident to Ethiopian Airlines Flight Number ET 302
Introducing Advisory Board Member: Stefano Cheli
East Africa (Kenya)
Company: Kitich Camp
Phone: +254 (0)718 139 359
Stefano has lived in Kenya all his life and started Cheli & Peacock Safaris with his wife Liz in 1985, doing high end mobile tented safaris and a boutique DMC. Over the next 30 years they grew the company to include a portfolio of boutique lodges / camps, designed and built by Stefano, they also had the management of Lewa Safari Camp, and won the tender to run tourism on the Loisaba Conservancy.
They founded the Cheli & Peacock Community Trust (now rebranded the Land & Life Foundation). The Cheli’s sold their business to Elewana Afrika in 2014 but kept the ownership of Kitich Camp.
Stefano has been a passionate conservationist in Kenya for many years, and his company invested in important and vulnerable conservation areas. He was a co-founder and Chairman of the Mara North Conservancy for 10 years; a co-founder of KTF (Kenya Tourism Federation), and contributed to Kenya’s tourism policy for many years, as board member, vice-chairman and chairman of KATO (Kenya Association of Tour Operators).
Stefano was a pioneer of the Ecotourism Society, and theirs was one of the first lodge groups to have Gold eco-rating and to eliminate the use of plastic water bottles in the early 2000s.
For more information and to learn more about other members of the Atta Advisory Board please click here.