- Building a Business Case for Responsible Tourism in Africa
- Atta at ITB Berlin 2019
- Atta Briefing: The Botswana White Paper
- 19-year-old rowing coach to cycle 9,000km across Africa on his own
- Tanzania and Rwanda join forces to promote tourism
- #WomensDay: Campaign to train females in conservation leadership
- Connecting Africa: Rovos Rail set to introduce its first, East to West journey in Africa
- Vic Falls re-launches jet boat rides
- Qatar Airways to increase flights to South African destinations
- Application for Membership - CroisiAfrica Cruises
Introducing Atta Advisory Board Member: James Haigh
International Source Markets
Company: Elewana Afrika
Director of Sales & Marketing
Phone: +255 (0)27 250 0630
Born and raised in London, and a graduate from University College and King's Colleges, London James arrived in East Africa to teach literature and sports in Nairobi. James took charge of the Outdoor Education scheme and thanks to contacts in the KWS (Kenya Wildlife Service) created a programme that brought his Kenyan students into proximity with the remote parts of Africa.
A Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, James has spent much of his free time engaged in the struggle for the preservation of environment and wildlife of East Africa. His experiences whilst involved in the complicated translocation of the critically endangered Hirola Antelope and a survey of Grevy’s Zebra in the Northern Frontier District of Kenya allowed James to develop a bond with the proud peoples of this immensely rewarding corner of the continent.
Having worked as Director of Sales and Marketing for several prestigious international brands James counts himself lucky to have worked with and consider as friends some of the most passionate travel professionals in the world.
James sits on the Travel Advisory Leadership Counsel for JG Blackbook and has been a proud mentor to the Young Travel Professionals in the USA. Participating actively in Atta as a member of the Advisory Board will be an honour and a privilege!
For more information and to learn more about other members of the Atta Advisory Board please click here.