- Tiffany & Co.’s Save the Wild Collection
- Introducing Atta Advisory Board Member: James Haigh
- Building a Business Case for Responsible Tourism in Africa
- Atta at ITB Berlin 2019
- Atta Briefing: The Botswana White Paper
- 19-year-old rowing coach to cycle 9,000km across Africa on his own
- Tanzania and Rwanda join forces to promote tourism
- #WomensDay: Campaign to train females in conservation leadership
- Connecting Africa: Rovos Rail set to introduce its first, East to West journey in Africa
- Vic Falls re-launches jet boat rides
Update 1: Accident to Ethiopian Airlines flight number ET 302
Ethiopian Airlines regrets to confirm that its flight ET 302/10 March in schedule service from Addis Ababa to Nairobi was involved in an accident today around Bishoftu (Debre Zeit).
The aircraft B-737-800MAX with registration number ET- AVJ took off at 08:38 am local time from Addis Ababa, Bole International Airport and lost contact at 08:44am. At this time search and rescue operations are in progress and we have no confirmed information about survivors or any possible causalities. Ethiopian Airlines staff will be sent to the accident scene and will do everything possible to assist the emergency services.
It is believed that there were 149 passengers and 8 crew onboard the flight but we are currently confirming the details of the passenger manifest for the flight.
Ethiopian Airlines is establishing a passenger information center and telephone number will be available shortly for family or friends of those who may have been on flight ET 302/10 March.
Ethiopian Airlines will release further information as soon as it is available. Updated information will also be on Ethiopian Airlines website at www.ethiopianairlines.com
For all enquiries, please contact Ethiopian Airlines Headquarters.
Ethiopian Airlines, Headquarters, Bole International Airport
Tel: +251115178030, Fax: (251-011) 661 1474