- Application for Membership - Impronte Wilderness Safari
- Ethiopian Airlines adds three new Chinese destinations
- Application for Membership - Echo Skies
- Instagram showcases top South African locations
- Application for Membership - African Unique Safaris and Tours
- The Kingdom of Eswatini Tourism Authority teams up with African Tourism Board
- Application for Membership - Hotels Association of Tanzania
- Acceptable check-in baggage for departing passengers out of O.R. Tambo International Airport
- Introducing Atta Advisory Board Member: Nick Aslin
- New Atta Members this month - March 2019
Introducing Atta Advisory Board Member: André Laget
Company: Akilanga DMC & Events
Phone: +27 (0)82 657 2224
André Laget was born in Djibouti, East Africa, to a French father and Italian mother. His formative years were spent between Djibouti, Ethiopia, Yemen and Italy. He attended a boarding school in Lausanne, Switzerland, after which he moved to France where he developed his skills in Hospitality and Tourism.
His career path began at a beach resort in Greece and when he returned to France, he managed various travel agencies. In Strasbourg, André became president of Travel Club Europe - a French travel agent’s association with over 700 members. And amongst other things he ran tourism courses to students.
In 2000, he and his wife, moved to Johannesburg. To date he runs and co-owns Akilanga DMC with a staff of around 150 people. The company was established in 1994 and operates in Southern and Eastern Africa, as well as the Indian Ocean Islands. His focus is on unique and luxury travel experiences, specialising in the European and South American markets.
André owns a variety of other businesses in the hospitality and software fields, as well as a watch brand.
He is passionate about photography, aviation and needless to say, is an enthusiastic traveller. He is his own best and worst client, and makes travelling to a new destination each year, a priority. In the near future he hopes to visit Palau and Japan where he is eager to learn about Japanese gastronomy. He speaks a range of languages including French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic and English.
André previously held the position of Atta Director for Latin America and South Africa between 2014 and 2018.
For more information and to learn more about other members of the Atta Advisory Board please click here.