- Application for Membership - Silver Palm Spa and Resort
- Kenya to inaugurate seventh UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Ethiopian Airlines releases new video on 73rd anniversary
- Ecotourism Operators Collaborate to form the Lionscape Coalition
- Airports demonstrate commitment to combatting wildlife trafficking
- Uganda is safe and all National Parks are open for visitation
- Tourism businesses respond to growing customer demand for experiences
- South Africa begins rolling out e-visas
- Bird watching experience set to improve in Rwanda
- Application for Membership - Imagine Ethiopia Tours
Introducing Atta Advisory Board Member: Shelley CoxBy Sally Fernandes, ATTA®
Conservation & Sustainability
Company: Africa Conservation Travel
Phone: +263 (0)774 641 622
Shelley Cox is a proudly born Zimbabwean with a deep passion for wildlife and conservation.
Having studied for a Bachelor of Journalism at Rhodes University in South Africa, Shelley has worked in the tourism industry for the past nine years and is a co-owner of Africa Conservation Travel, an organization with a focus on creating a greater connection between tourism, conservation and local communities.
In addition to Africa Conservation Travel, Shelley was also recently appointed to the Forestry Board of Zimbabwe, does voluntary consultancy work to Zambezi Elephant Fund, an organization focused on the protection of the middle Zambezi Biosphere Reserve, and is also on the board of trustees for Victoria Falls Enviro Watch.
Shelley believes that collaboration is key to the conservation and preservation of Africa’s wildlife and habitats, and that it has become a global responsibility to ensure the African landscapes are conserved for future generations.
For more information and to learn more about other members of the Atta Advisory Board please click here.