- Luxury train hotel to be built at Kruger National Park
- Application for Membership - Legend Safaris
- South African Airways launches direct service to Guangzhou, China
- AirMauritius launches WiFi on board
- Beyond Luxury Media will begin a new chapter as This is Beyond
- New Tech Initiative To ‘Revolutionise’ South Africa’s Travel And Tourism Sector
- Better air links will boost Africa's Tourism Sector
- United's new nonstop service between New York/Newark & Cape Town
- Atta Indaba Networking Guestlist
- Rwanda sign park concession agreement with major Ecotourism Operator
Jimi Kariuki re-appointed as Kenya Tourism Board ChairBy Atta
Atta congratulates Jimi Kariuki, Managing Director of Sarova Hotels in Kenya on his re-appointment as Chairman of the Kenya Tourism Board.
The first ever meeting of Atta in 1994 was held at Sarova’s hotel in London and they are one of Atta’s longest serving members.
The Managing Director of Sarova Hotels and Resorts, Jimi Kariuki has been re-appointed as the Chairperson of the Kenya Tourism Board for a period of 3 years. Kariuki will serve effective this May until 2021.
President Uhuru Kenyatta first appointed Kariuki to KTB in March 2016.
Among his significant previous tourism industry contributions, Jimi served on the Board of Directors of the Kenya Tourism Board (KTB) representing Kenya Tourism Federation (KTF) from 2003-2004, and on the Board of Directors of the Kenyatta International Convention Center (KICC) from 2004-2006.
He joined Sarova Hotels in 1992 as the Group Marketing Manager.
In 1996 he was appointed on to the Company’s main Board of Directors, and in 2001 was promoted to the position of Director Marketing & Sales. He was appointed the Group’s Managing Director in January 2018.
He holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town, South Africa, and a Bachelor of Science (Bsc) degree in Marketing from Huron University South Dakota, USA.
Source: Capital FM