- The African Airlines That Should Be on Your Radar
- Egypt partners with CNN to promote tourism in global campaign
- Application for Membership - Flightlink
- Jimi Kariuki re-appointed as Kenya Tourism Board Chair
- Luxury train hotel to be built at Kruger National Park
- Application for Membership - Legend Safaris
- South African Airways launches direct service to Guangzhou, China
- AirMauritius launches WiFi on board
- Beyond Luxury Media will begin a new chapter as This is Beyond
- New Tech Initiative To ‘Revolutionise’ South Africa’s Travel And Tourism Sector
Zimbabwe Tourism Authority Opens New Office In AsiaBy ATTA®
The Zimbabwe Tourism Authority (ZTA) has opened an office in China. This move is premised at increasing the number of tourists that visit Zimbabwe from Asia.
The development was disclosed by Environment, Tourism and Hospitality Industry minister Priscah Mupfumira.
She said: This initiative comes at an opportune time when Zimbabwe is really looking at intensifying its marketing efforts in major source markets like China, which is in line with the Vision 2030: National Tourism Recovery and Growth Strategy. This tourism project illustrates efforts that will go a long towards doubling tourists to Zimbabwe from China in the near future.
The number of Chinese tourists to Zimbabwe has been increasing recently. It has grown from 14 407 arrivals recorded in 2017 to 19 428 last year.
The opening of the new office comes when 340 Chinese tourists are set to travel to Zimbabwe today as part of a three-country tour, which will include Djibouti and Tanzania. ZTA acting chief executive Rita Likukuma said it is important to show them hospitality.
She said: The significance of that speaks to the volumes of tourists that we will be getting out of China. Already, we are having the inaugural flight which is a three country visit. Over 340 delegates will be coming as tourists to sample Zimbabwe and to dispel some of the fears they may have about Zimbabwe and Africa.
It is important that the friendly, warm and cultured people of Zimbabwe meet and give them a very memorable experience.
Source: Pindula News