- Rhino release: Endangered animals despatched to Rwanda
- Experience Africa Highlights Day One & Two
- How Africa's largest Cold War battlefield could become an elephant sanctuary
- Forex no longer accepted for transactions in Zimbabwe
- The fate of Africa’s most iconic trees are in the hands of these guardians
- Toolkit guides African governments to multiply earnings from national parks
- Atta launches Sustainability Charter at Experience Africa, June 2019
- Airbus is looking towards pilotless jets
- Endangered Eastern black rhino from Flamingo Land to be released in Rwanda
- UTB partners with FUFA to promote brand Uganda on the local and international scene
Atta Media Awards winners announced at Experience Africa 2019By ATTA®
The winners of the 2019 Atta Media Awards were announced at the Campfire Tales event last night, wrapping up three days of a very successful Experience Africa 2019.
TV personality and motorbike-enthusiast, Charley Boorman, attended the awards as our guest speaker to talk to the audience about his travels through Africa.
Atta would like to congratulate this year’s winners, who continue to inspire and excite us through their thought provoking journalism about Africa. This year the awards were a celebration of all things African, educating readers on the geography, flora, fauna and culture that makes up this wonderful continent we know and love.
Anita Powell, Awards Chair said; “We’re delighted by the calibre of this year's Atta Media Award submissions. Momentum has grown this year, with close to 600 entries, and their high quality posed the judges a challenge. It’s a privilege for Atta to be showcasing and celebrating the best in Africa-focused writing with these Awards.’’
Thank you to our sponsors and to this year’s judges for helping Atta in making the awards possible.
- Best Travel Trade Article - Sponsored by Visit Rwanda
Head in the Clouds - Laura French - Travel Weekly
- Best Cultural Article on an African Destination - Sponsored by South African Tourism
Title Track - Stanley Stewart - Conde Nast Traveller
- Best Wildlife & Nature Feature (Newspaper) - Sponsored by Brussels Airlines
Zimbabwe: From Victoria Falls to the big five - all aboard the safari express - Sue Watt - The Times
- Best Wildlife & Nature Feature (Magazine) - Sponsored by Zimbabwe Tourism Authority
Living with Elephants - James Gifford - Geographical Magazine
- Best Blogger / Vlogger on Africa - Sponsored by South African Airways
Tracking Black Rhino on Foot - Joanna Eede - National Geographic Traveller
- Best Member or Self Published - Sponsored by Bradt Travel Guides
Tides of Change in the Omo Valley - Jarrod Kyte - Steppes Travel
- Best International Article - Sponsored by Avis
Meet the Black Mambas: South Africa's first majority-female anti-poaching unit - Georgia Stephens - Rough Guides
- Judges Award - Outstanding Contribution to African Tourism
Sir David Attenborough