- FCO Travel Advice Update - Rwanda
- Chinese-built Maputo bridge helps boost tourism in local area
- Application for Membership - Gondwana Collection Namibia
- Forest elephants are our allies in the fight against climate change, finds research
- CNN’s Inside Africa investigates the conservation of Zambia’s black rhinos
- Lions, camel soup and scorching heat: Running a marathon through a wildlife reserve
- Madagascar set to experience tourism-driven boom this year
- SA Tourism welcomes visa waiver for New Zealand, 6 other countries
- Application for Membership - First Class Holidays
- South African teens fly from Cape to Cairo in homemade plane
Qatar Airways to launch direct flights to GaboroneBy ATTA®
Qatar Airways will start flying to Gaborone, Botswana, from October 27, 2019. The capital and largest city of Botswana will be the airline’s first destination in the Southern African country.
The three-times weekly flights will be operated by an Airbus A350-900 aircraft, featuring 36 seats in Business Class and 247 seats in Economy Class. Qatar Airways will be the first Middle Eastern airline to operate to the capital of Botswana.
Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, Akbar Al Baker, said: “We are excited to be launching three-weekly flights to Gaborone, another highly sought-after destination in Africa. Qatar Airways is committed to growing our presence in Africa and adding to the 22 destinations in 15 countries we already offer. Our new service to the enchanting city of Gaborone will enable us to provide a seamless journey to and from Botswana, for passengers connecting from our extensive network of more than 160 destinations worldwide.”
Gaborone is the capital and the largest city in Botswana, a landlocked country in Southern Africa, bounded by Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe and South Africa. The nation’s vast nature and wildlife have made it a renowned destination for adventurous tourists from across the globe.
Qatar Airways currently operates a modern fleet of more than 250 aircraft via its hub, Hamad International Airport (HIA) to more than 160 destinations worldwide. The airline has recently launched an array of exciting new destinations, namely Rabat, Morocco; Izmir, Turkey; Malta; Davao, Philippines; Lisbon, Portugal; and Mogadishu, Somalia. The airline will add Langkawi, Malaysia to its extensive route network in October 2019.
(Sunday, Wednesday, Friday)
QR1377: Departs DOH 06:55hrs, Arrives JNB 14:50hrs
QR1377: Departs JNB 15:55hrs, Arrives GBE 16:50hrs
QR1378: Departs GBE 18:35hrs, Arrives JNB 19:30hrs
QR1378: Departs JNB 20:40hrs, Arrives DOH 06:35hrs+1