- South Africa: North West to Host Tourism Expo
- Uganda Air Has Launched Its Maiden Flight to Mogadishu
- New Atta Members this month - August 2019
- Application for Membership - Marasa Africa Lodges
- It's time to break the deadlock over Africa's ivory trade: here's how
- Application for Membership - Bellavista Safaris
- Scientists harvest eggs of last two surviving white rhino to pull species from brink of extinction
- Uganda Airlines returns to the skies
- Application for Membership - First Light Safaris
- Rwanda: Destination Kivu Belt - a New Hiking Trail Is Set to Boost Cultural Tourism and Inform About Colonial History
National Geographic readers can vote for the name of a gorilla babyBy ATTA®
To celebrate the 15th anniversary of Rwanda’s Kwita Izina gorilla naming ceremony, Visit Rwanda has asked National Geographic social audiences to help choose the name for one of the baby mountain gorillas being named this year. Social media users can vote for their preferred name from two options on the National Geographic Facebook page and Twitter account.
The baby gorilla to be named through this exciting conservation campaign is an adventurous female infant from the Kwitonda family. A daughter to Icyamamare, the baby gorilla was born on July 1, 2018 in Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda. The Kwitonda family is made of 34 gorillas including three silverbacks, nine adult females, three blackbacks, five sub-adults, four juveniles and 10 infants.
Source: ATC News