- Africa yet to unleash full potential of its nature-based tourism
- Application for Membership - African Safari Walks
- Home Affairs implements visa waivers for four countries which are among the big tourist sending nations
- Application for Membership - RCJM Travel & Tours
- How a newborn rhino could help to save his subspecies cousins from extinction
- Application for Membership - Lake Duluti Lodge
- Singapore announces 2021 ban on domestic elephant ivory trade
- Ethiopian airlines increases connectivity to Mozambique
- Tanzania has largest number of lions in Africa, new report says
- The Economic Impact of Global Wildlife Tourism - WTTC
New visa process in TanzaniaBy ATTA®
Please be aware that with immediate effect Kilimanjaro airport has changed the process of issuing visas on arrival. Clients arriving in Kilimanjaro without a visa now need to complete the following process:
- Queue for a Government Control Number
- Queue to pay for this at the bank
- Queue for Immigration to check and issue the visa
We would really appreciate your help in letting your guests know about this change, and strongly recommending that those that still have time before they travel apply for their Tanzania visa online at www.immigration.go.tz. The online process asks for more information than a visa on arrival, and are issued within 2 - 3 weeks but can be less.
The changes at Kilimanjaro has meant that the visa on arrival process can take in excess of two hours, and we’d really prefer that your guests did not have to go through that. We’ve been reassured that measures are being put in place to make this quicker, but until that happens we feel that the above recommendation is our best bet.
The industry is working with the Immigration Dept to try to minimise the impact of this change and regrets that we were not given any prior warning.
This is the latest news we have from Tanzania, should anything change Atta will update the membership as soon as possible.