- Baby rhino is America's first born from artificial insemination
- A message of support from Jane Goodall on World Ranger Day
- Cheetahs Introduced to Majete Wildlife Reserve After Decades-Long Absence as Predators Resurge in Malawi
- Sweeping the bush, protecting the land - The women quashing poaching
- New Atta Members this month - July 2019
- Kenya & Mauritius eye closer airline ties to boost tourism
- Tanzania to shut part of wildlife preserve to big game hunters
- Safari operators expect to feel the love from 'Lion King' release
- Direct flights from Mumbai to Nairobi set to boost tourism business
- After a long journey, 16 rare black rhinos make a new home in eSwatini
State urged to market tourism sites in Mt Kenya regionBy Atta
Nyeri is betting on online platforms to increase the number of tourists visiting the county as hoteliers urge the government to market Mt Kenya region as a tourism destination.
The county has already completed mapping tourism and heritage sites, published books and released a documentary that it will use to advertise the attractions with the help of the National Museums of Kenya.
According to Tourism Executive Diana Kendi, the films will be available on YouTube with a link to the county’s website and they will use search engine optimisation to target customer groups.
“The new marketing strategy will have a wider reach of tourists visiting sites that are featured in our books and documentary,” she said.
Key tourist attractions include the Aberdare National Park and Mt Kenya ecosystem, Italian war memorial church that housed over 600 prisoners of war, Mau Mau shrines and Paxtu, where the founder of the scouting movement lived and died, among others.
Source: Daily Nation