- Expansion of a famous elephant park holds out hope for Africa’s big tuskers
- Application for Membership - Journeys Namibia
- Kenya launches first mountain race
- Registration Opens for Film Tourism Festival
- New electric vehicle charging station benefits local businesses
- Arsenal Defender David Luiz Expected in Rwanda
- e-Visa pilot to start ahead of Festive Season, making travel easier to SA
- Elephants turn Mt Elgon Park caves into maternity units
- This South African student is fighting animal poaching using wildlife photos
- Chester Zoo celebrating birth of a baby bongo - Africa's rarest large mammal
Polish airline launches weekly Mombasa flightsBy ATTA®
A Polish charter airline will be flying weekly to Mombasa as it moves to cash in on the festive season. The maiden flight to the coastal town on Saturday had 189 passengers.
The carrier dubbed Smartwings Airlines will be operating bringing in about 200 tourists from Poland, and is expected to push up the regions hotel occupancy rates above the current 70 percent.
It will be operating once a week until end of the year before increasing its frequency to twice a week from January to March next year.
Hoteliers have expressed confidence in the resumption of the airline saying it will boost the tourism sector during the November to December peak season.
“This is the first charter we are welcoming this year of the Polish market. It is very exciting because the whole of these three months this year, they will be bringing in a charter per week, that’s about 200, visitors coming in from Poland,” said Kenya Coast Tourism Association chairman Victor Shitakha.
Source: Business Daily