- Texas Game Wardens Begin Exchange Program with South African National Parks Game Rangers
- New Land Purchase to Create Botanical Garden in Tanzania
- 'I'm here to save Mother Nature' – meet the man battling poachers in Zambia
- The real Jurassic Park: Inside story of the wild zoology experiment that could have gone horribly wrong
- Application for Membership - Nature Discovery
- Double harvest: Maasai women keep bees and get to conserve their environment
- New Whale Heritage Site - Durban, South Africa
- Ellen DeGeneres has raised $5 million for the conservation of mountain Gorillas
- Wheels Up on More Flights to the African Continent
- Kenya birdwatchers log migrating birds for Spring Alive
South African tourism statistics remain flatBy ATTA®
Overseas tourist numbers to South Africa are almost identical to last year’s August numbers, according to the August 2019 Tourism and Migrations Statistics report published by Statistics SA.
August saw a drop in travellers from Europe and Australasia, while North America, the Middle East and Central and South America saw an increase. Asia has remained flat.
Year-to-date comparisons (Jan to Aug cumulative tourist numbers) mirror the Europe and Australasia August fall-off with a decrease of 34 427 (3.4%), and 3 217 (3.8%) in traveller numbers respectively.
The Middle East market has had the best year-to-date performance so far with a growth of 1 856 travellers or 5.4% growth.
Asia has grown by 1% or 2 100 travellers year-to-date, while North America as well as South and Central America remain flat.
Overseas tourist numbers have dropped overall year-to-date by 34 093 tourists or 2%.
Source: Tourism Update
View the full report from Stats SA here