- Life inside the Kruger National Park under lockdown
- FCO Updates - 06 April 2020
- FCO Updates - 02 April 2020
- FCO Updates - 01 April 2020
- Victoria Falls records highest flow in 3 years
- FCO Updates - 31 March 2020
- FCO Updates - 30 March 2020
- FCO Updates - 27 March 2020
- Wildlife webcams accessible from home
- FCO Updates - 26 March 2020
Largest super full moon of 2020 visible in SA
The largest super full moon of 2020, also known as a pink moon in parts of the northern hemisphere, will be visible in South Africa on 8 April at 4:35 am.
When a full moon is on its closest approach to Earth, it is called a super full moon. When the Moon’s orbit is closest to Earth, it sits on the point of perigee. The best time to enjoy a super full moon, or any other full moon, is just after moonrise, when the Moon is close to the horizon. Just before moonset is also a good time.
When the full moon is low, it looks bigger and brighter than when it’s higher up in the sky.