- Wonders of Africa Project Unveils Teal Leaders After Launch
- Five countries join forces to fight poaching
- In Kenya, Maasai Entrepreneur Moves Conservancy Beyond Tourism Hit By Pandemic
- Tourism says it's ready to reopen safely as SA enters lockdown Level 2
- AAVEA announces partnership with SA Tourism
- TourismRestart: Malawi to resume international flight services in September
- How social are lions? Candid Animal Cam heads to the Savannah
- Global Body Gives Tourism in Tanzania the Safety Nod
- Kruger opens some of its camps
- Experience Africa, will return to London from 21 to 23 June 2021
Africa Travel Week is set to launch their virtual Meetings & Masterclasses this SeptemberBy ATTA®
“After the 2020 edition of Africa Travel Week was postponed, we rolled out phase one of our strategy to enter the virtual space with the introduction of our online platform, Africa Travel Week Connect,” says Megan Oberholzer, Reed Exhibitions Portfolio Director: Travel, Tourism & Creative Industries.
“The platform, which focuses on industry news and interactive webinars, is going from strength to strength, and we are now excited to kick-start our Meetings & Masterclasses in September, which is also Tourism Month,” she adds.
The virtual Meetings & Masterclasses will run from September to October. “During the event, attendees can engage in a series of educational masterclasses led by industry experts. And, unlike your standard webinars, these sessions will encourage a two-way conversation between the teacher-hosts and attendees. You will get to meet with our experts,” explains Oberholzer.
Part one of the classes will focus on identifying and successfully marketing to post-COVID target groups such as the luxury traveller, the African diaspora traveller and the LGBTQ+ market. The second part will cover practical steps for implementing safety protocols that international visitors will expect, based on case studies from destinations that have opened their borders successfully.
Source: Inside Travel