- Mauritius launches long-term visa
- Namibia eases travel restrictions
- Edelweiss Airline resumes weekly Cape Town route
- Government ‘hopes’ to open borders to all countries by December
- Application for Membership - Gamel Tours
- Green light for Zanzibar!
- Namibia relaxes inbound travel restrictions
- Uganda to plant 3 million trees with reforestation project
- Tourism specialists and ATB discuss strategies to boost tourism in Africa
- Uganda Airlines launches new fleet, routes
Ethiopian presents the first female captain for an Airbus A350By ATTA®
While delivering two brand new DeHavilland Canada Dash 8-400 aircraft to Ethiopian Airlines had DeHavilland also acknowledged that Ethiopian Airlines had for the 8th straight year the best dispatch record world wide for this aircraft type.
Deployed on domestic and regional routes has the aircraft – most in the fleet are configured in a two class cabin layout of Business and Economy – been the right size plane for routes where the larger Boeing B738 would not be viable to fly.
Ethiopian now operates 30 of this aircraft type, making it DeHavilland’s – formerly Bombardier’s – leading customer in Africa.
“This milestone 30th delivery highlights our confidence in the Dash 8-400 aircraft and is a testament to the joint success in supporting our network and strategic partnerships with several carriers across Africa,” said Tewolde GebreMariam, Group Chief Executive Officer, Ethiopian Airlines before adding: “The Dash 8-400 aircraft continues to provide the operational flexibility, exceptional performance capability, capacity and passenger comfort we need. Most importantly, the Dash 8-400 aircraft supports the cost leadership strategy we rely on in our market – particularly in these unprecedented times during the COVID-19 pandemic.”
Source: ATC News