- Africa Travel Week pairs up with Invest Africa
- Uganda’s Borders Have Reopened — Just Keep 32 Feet Away From the Gorillas
- Two new cheetahs join Rietvlei Nature Reserve
- Lufthansa's regular SA flight schedule now fully operational
- Sylvester the lion’s offspring are back in the Karoo
- Seychelles Authorities Review Visitor’s Travel Advisory
- MEC David Maynier Kicks of International Tourism Campaign
- The story of Baloo the white rhino bull
- SQ restarts its services to SA
- Heaviside’s dolphins put on spectacular show near Dias Point
Prince William & David Attenborough team up for ‘Earthshot Prize’By ATTA®
Prince William and Sir David Attenborough have teamed up to launch the Earthshot Prize, a new global environmental award ‘designed to incentivise change and help repair our planet over the next ten years’.
The Prize is inspired by American President John F. Kennedy’s Moonshot project, which in the 1960s united and inspired millions of people around the goal of putting a human being on the moon by the end of the decade. In the pursuit of this goal several important technological innovations, such as CAT scanners and X-ray machines, were developed.
This award will be the biggest environmental prize ever, with £50-million being bestowed to deserving ideas over the next decade.
The Earthshot Prize will award five £1-million prizes each year for the next 10 years, in the hope of providing at least 50 solutions to the world’s greatest environmental problems by 2030.