- Visa on Arrival issuance resumes at Hosea Kutako International Airport
- New sculpture garden opens in KwaZulu-Natal
- ATTA® appoints new Chair
- Singapore Airlines resumes SA flights on October 14
- St. Helena launches 'Napoleon 200' campaign to commemorate Napoleonic heritage
- Spots of hope: Some good news for South Africa’s cheetahs
- AWF Virtual Safaris commits to bridging gap in African tourism until international travel resumes
- Airlink to launch new Africa services
- Could insurance small print be the best thing you’ve ever read?
- Emirates to resume flights to SA, Zimbabwe, Mauritius
Qatar Airways resumes 19 weekly flights to South Africa from 3 October 2020By ATTA®
Qatar Airways announce the resumption of three key destinations in South Africa; Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg. Services to South Africa will be operated by a mix of the airline’s modern fuel-efficient Airbus A350and Boeing 787 aircraft. With the addition of 19 weekly flights to South Africa, Qatar Airways will operate 63 weekly flights to 17 destinations across the continent including Accra, Addis Ababa, Dar es Salaam, Djibouti, Entebbe, Kigali, Kilimanjaro, Lagos, Maputo, Mogadishu, Nairobi, Tunis, Windhoek and Zanzibar.
Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, His Excellency Mr. Akbar Al Baker, said: “We are delighted to resume flights to South Africa further expanding our network in the region. We know many passengers across the world and in South Africa have been eagerly awaiting the resumption of scheduled international flights and we look forward to helping reunite them with their families and loved ones. Qatar Airways has worked closely with the Government of South Africa throughout this crisis operating 28 special charter flights to help take over 11,500 South Africans and international travellers home. With the most international flights from South Africa and one of the largest global networks, passengers travelling to or from South Africa can enjoy more flexible travel options with seamless connections via the most connected and Best Airport in the Middle East, Hamad International Airport. Passengers travelling on our Qsuite equipped Airbus A350 can also enjoy the most private business class in the industry with sliding privacy partitions, lie-flat double bed options and world-class entertainment with more than 4,000 options to choose from.