- WTM Africa 2021 goes virtual
- Government launches R1.2bn Tourism Equity Fund
- Application for Membership - Cross Africa & Co
- Germany updates restrictions for SA travellers
- Newborn hippo calf in Kruger National Park takes first steps
- What's On At The Waterhole? (3)
- SANParks Honorary Rangers add three new K9 members to the pack
- Kenya, Rwanda in joint bid to promote regional travel
- Zambian diplomat says innovation could save tourism after Covid-19 devastating effects
- UK and Kenya working together to enable vaccines accessible to all
ATTA joins other associations to form the Travel Industry Alliance (TIA)By Chris Mears, ATTA®
ATTA has joined forces with eight other UK Associations as a founding member of the newly formed Travel Industry Alliance representing more than 7,000 member companies.
The Alliance brings together associations representing travel, tourism and aviation sectors, both inbound and outbound, leisure. Key aims of the Alliance will be to engage with government issues of the day and allow peer group sharing and discussion on their specific sectors.
The TIA have two initial and immediate objectives in mind which focus on travel safely restarting. The TIA will seek to collaborate with government departments to:
- Encourage the FCDO to pull back from issuing advisories due to COVID-19 and become a purely informational source
- Enable travellers to access the UK without any quarantine, at the earliest opportunity, wheter through pre-departure testing, test and release, or some other measure that helps restart travel.
Newly appointed ATTA director Kate Kenward is sitting on the TIA committee representing ATTA member interests.
Participating associations in the Travel Industry Alliance:
- AITO (The Specialist Travel Association)
- ATTA® (African Travel and Tourism Association)
- BAR UK (Board of Airline Representatives)
- BTA (The Business Travel Association)
- CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association)
- CTO (Caribbean Tourism Organisation – UK & Europe Chapter)
- LATA (Latin American Travel Association)
- PATA UK & Ireland Chapter (Pacific Asia Travel Association)
- UK Inbound