Senior Sales Consultant - Edinburgh
We plan exceptional holidays for our clients and many return to us year on year, with much of our business coming via word of mouth recommendations.
Why work with Aardvark Safaris?
We are proud of our dedicated and knowledgeable team and all of our staff are encouraged to contribute to life here at Aardvark Safaris. We firmly believe that the more fulfilled people are the better their work will be. The atmosphere in the office is creative, varied, fun and challenging, as well as business-like and focused. Though we work hard, we have a good time together too, with various team days out an opportunity to share a laugh together.
Successful candidates are offered competitive packages and training to learn all the necessary skills, whether in the sales or administrative side of the business. The culture in all our offices is characterised by the staff who work there and we’re always keen to employ a diverse range of people to further enhance this.
Full time, Senior Sales Consultant, based in our Edinburgh office.
As a Sales Consultant you will design tailor made holidays to Africa and the Indian Ocean islands to the highest level of detail. You will work as part of a team, alongside other sales consultants and will be assisted by sales support staff. You should pride yourself on delivering holidays that perfectly meet your clients’ wishes and requests. This is a varied, busy and exciting role, where no two days in the office, or holidays we design, are the same. You will need to work to a high degree of accuracy and have a keen eye for detail.
Duties will include:
- Liaising with clients face to face, on the telephone and by email.
- Delivering perfect holiday itineraries that hold a wow factor through talking to suppliers on the ground in Africa and consulting with others in the sales team.
- Looking after clients on their return from holiday.
- Attending shows during the summer (normally two weekends a year).
- Assisting with marketing material, newsletter pieces and blog writing.
- Assisting with social media.
- Travel to Africa (twice a year on average) to assess all products and writing full reports for internal and external use.
- Continuing excellent relationships with our airlines, lodges and suppliers on the ground in each country.
- Taking on new challenges in new countries and maybe to a new audience.
- Sales experience in African travel products.
- A creative mind to think outside the box and exceed clients’ expectations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Mathematically literate.
- A keen interest in Africa, the areas and lodges in the 17 countries that we sell.
- A drive to work to targets with a proactive, can do attitude.
- Versatile nature to adapt to varying situations.
- Must be a team player willing to help others and accept help where appropriate.
- The successful candidate must show they are organised, can work under pressure and manage confidential information.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays, running on a yearly cycle from 1st January to 31st December.
- Working hours 0900 to 1730, Monday to Friday.
- Contributory pension.
- Quarterly incentive scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
How to apply:
Please send your C.V. and a short covering letter to email@example.com