Lodge Opening Manager
Who are we?
Green Safaris is a group of likeminded individuals that together provide access to some of the world’s most remote and incredible locations. We are guided by our Green Ethos that leads us to discover new ways of doing things that have lower environmental impact and enhance our guest experience, for example, our Silent Safaris on all electric vehicles and boats. Together we create unique experiences of a lifetime.
What is the Purpose of the Role?
This role is a little different to our standard Lodge Manager roles in that we are looking for an experienced individual to join the team initially to oversee and organise the building, staffing and opening of the lodge. After that you will stay to run the lodge for the first year at least, maybe more if you like it or maybe you move to another Green Safaris project.
The main purpose of the Lodge Manager is to manage the lodge and thereby create a profound guest experience, in line with the service vision and creative concepts of the Lodge. It is the responsibility of the Lodge Manager to monitor hospitality service, maintenance, gardening and housekeeping standards within the lodge. The role is additionally strategic in nature, and the lodge manager must drive the appropriate service directives for the lodges and move the lodge towards achieving broader goals.
In this capacity, guest expectations regarding the standard of service should be exceeded. In addition, the lodges need to be monitored so that they run in a cost-effective manner, within the agreed budget; in a manner which is conducive to positive inter-personal relationships between staff; and at a superior level of efficiency.
The lodge manager is also responsible for ensuring that the morale of the lodge staff is kept at a high level and that staff are developed on an ongoing basis.
This position reports to the General Manager.
What would I be doing?
In broad terms the lodge manager oversees the following key performance areas:
- Oversee the design, procurement and construction of the camp along with recruiting and training the staff required
- Drive the broader goals of the company, in terms of the lodge, by planning and implementing Strategic Management Plans
- Effective communication and liaison with individuals often not local to the lodge for the planning of guest arrivals, departures and marketing activities of the Group
- Management and training of the lodge staff in line with Green Safaris core values and environmental management policies
- Ensure ultimate guest relations in the lodge and that the “at home” personal attention levels are maintained
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping and maintenance and ensure that style and design is not eroded
- Effective financial management through the administration of orders and effective stock control
- Oversight and contribution to the work of the Green Safaris Conservation Foundation
What experience do I need?
- A minimum of 4 year’s work experience as a lodge manager
- Good bushcraft, troubleshooting, building, electrics & plumbing all in a remote bush setting!
- Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge
- A hardworking, co-operative manner
- High standards of service excellence and a passion for the industry
- Good computer literacy
- Excellent management ability and communication skills
- A developmental approach to staff
What we offer in return:
In return for your market experience and professionalism, Green Safaris offers a range of market-beating benefits along with your basic salary.
Basic Salary: $30,000 - $36,000 pa
Benefits: Full Board Accommodation, 25days holiday per annum, return international flight, family and friends bed night allowance, training & personal development loan access, reasonable personal bar use.
Key Performance Areas:
The Lodge Opening Manager has a range of key performance areas that will be discussed with the successful candidate.
Please forward your CV to Dan Allcock - email@example.com