Far & Wild Travel is recruiting a Marketing Manager
Far & Wild is a UK based tailormade tour operator based with offices in London and the Lake District. At present we focus on Africa, the Indian Ocean, India and Sri-Lanka, and over time aim to operate worldwide. We are looking for an ambitious and hands-on marketing professional to join our team. This is a unique chance to be part of an experienced senior management team developing an innovative business in an exciting part of the travel industry. We have a culture that suits people who are confident to think differently and know how to have fun – all of which contributes to a positive and engaging place to work.
We have ambitious plans for growth, and the Marketing Manager will be critical to realising them. Part of the senior management team, the role involves putting your own stamp on the existing marketing plan and then managing delivery of it. Your key focus will be on lead generation and growing our customer base, whilst at the same time intentionally building brand. It is a hands-on role and will have a strong digital marketing focus.
- Spearheading the marketing team, budgetary control, KPI management.
- Drive and manage marketing activity, key supplier relationship management, development of new consumer services, exploring new routes to market.
- Full responsibility of the business PPC marketing campaigns
- Create and execute an effective marketing strategy with a lean towards digital activity.
- Increase brand awareness.
- Manage relationships with existing media and advertising partners, including identifying new opportunities.
- Establish and define monthly and annual performance goals for all marketing activity.
- Analyse market, industry and competitor trends.
- Communicate effectively with the other teams in the business.
- Representing the company at conferences, trade fairs and networking events based both in the UK and overseas
- The role will require travel to the Company’s offices along with travel to various locations throughout the UK and potentially overseas.
- Managing a small team, including conducting performance appraisals.
Skills / Experience:
- A proven track record of implementing engaging campaigns – incorporating activity such as direct marketing, brochures, print advertising, online and offline PR, tactical retention marketing, and email campaigns
- From a travel, commercial, agency, or consumer-facing background – you will have had experience delivering customer acquisition, retention and loyalty campaigns whilst keeping focused on ROI at all times.
- Proven experience of delivering cost effective PPC campaigns.
- Hands on approach. You need the practical skills to set-up and run campaigns, not just ‘manage’ them.
- Commercial acumen. You’ll be as comfortable in excel as you are in photoshop, canva or wordpress.
- Proven leadership skills – experience leading & mentoring teams to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Relationship skills to identify, create and maintain partnership opportunities.
- Online and offline experience, understanding the full customer cycle.
- Creativity – have a disruptive outlook
- Ability to work in a fast-paced target orientated environment
- Demonstrable track record of achieving growth and exceeding targets
- Strong planning capability and the ability to manage multiple projects
SKILLS KEYWORDS; ambitious, hands-on, innovative, pragmatic, creative, people, commercial.
ROLE KEYWORDS; paid search, digital, print, lead gen, brand building, customer loyalty, consumer, digital PR.
- Starting salary will be based on experience. Will range from £24,000 to £38,000.
- Performance based annual incentive structure.
- Subsidised luxury travel in all our destinations.
- The role can be based at either our Cumbria or London office, but will require regular travel within the UK and occasionally to the US & Africa.
- Closing date 29 March 2019.
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.