Destination Expert – Africa & Indian Ocean
cazenove+loyd are a high end tour operator specialising in tailor-made travel to specific regions around the world including Africa+lndian Ocean, Asia+The Middle East and Central+South America. Our experienced team specialise in creating unique experiences tailored to fit individual needs ensuring that every experience is always extraordinary.
The cazenove+loyd team are looking for an experienced and capable travel sales executive to join the Africa & Indian Ocean Division in the position of Destination Expert. If you have experience in selling holidays in this region, are passionate about travel and have a professional and driven work ethic, we would be interested in hearing from you.
POSITION: Destination Expert – Africa & Indian Ocean
Reporting to: Head of Division –Africa & Indian Ocean
Remuneration: Competitive Basic Salary + Quarterly and Annual Performance Bonuses. Annual Travel Grant & Pension.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using the company systems, manage client bookings from enquiry and evaluation through to confirmation.
- To deal courteously deal with all clients in a professional manner through written, verbal communication.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and ground agents to ensure best rates of commission, levels of service and generally build a strong ongoing relationship.
- Ensure all client quotes are attractive, include all relevant costs and achieve the targeted profit margin for every transaction.
- Manage your sales revenue and profit margin targets.
- Assist marketing with creating rich content for possible itineraries that will be used to promote products on the website.
- Attend educational trips from time to time to locations that you and your team are selling and provide accurate information and possible marketing content from those trips for future promotion and marketing purposes.
- Assist in providing social media content for the marketing division.
- Any other duties in keeping with the general nature of the post, to include helping around the office.
- The candidate will be an effective communicator in both written and spoken English.
- Be comfortable with numbers and have a keen eye for detail.
- Commitment to delivering high quality service consistently to clients.
- Ability to undertake international travel occasionally and at short notice.
- Have an excellent telephone manner.
- Possess very good time management and organisational skills and be able to prioritise tasks as required.
- Work to tight deadlines set by the clients or the business.
- Have a natural ability and be a proactive solution orientated forward thinker.
- Be commercially astute and understand the business objectives fully.
- Demonstrate a keen enthusiasm for travel.
- The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in travel sales/working for a tour operator in a client facing role.
- Have proficient knowledge of Africa & Indian Ocean.
- Some creative writing experience is preferable
If you are interested and would like to register your interest in the role, please forward your CV to Carl Hobson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 29th February 2020