- Makanyi Game Lodge - Online Availability now LIVE!
- Explore Asilia's Southern Tanzania in Virtual Reality
- Ethiopia: The living churches of an ancient kingdom
- Elewana AfroChic Diani turtle hatchery for 2018
- News from African Territories
- Kampala Serena's New Bar Boasts East Africa's Longest List of Bubbles
- TSOGO SUN attends DerTouristik road show in Austria
- Nosy-Be, Madagascar, Joins the Ever-Expanding Ethiopian Global Network
- Collaring Lions for Coexistence in Loisaba Conservancy
- Guillermo Swartland Pinotage 2014 launch
Victoria Falls Safari Club Ushers in New Era with Two Key Appointments
Dionne Mutsonziwa has been appointed Victoria Falls Safari Club manager, while Mark Rimmer has been engaged as a consultant chef to open its new kitchen and restaurant.
The $600,000 Victoria Falls Safari Club redevelopment, to be completed this week, will include the addition of a swimming pool, sundeck and gazebo, and an expansion and upgrade of its central building.
Ms Mutsonziwa, who was previously food and beverage manager of the Victoria Falls Hotel, and more recently manager of Zambezi House – Bar & Canteen, will begin her new role on April 23.
She has a degree from Les Roche International School of Hotel Management in Switzerland, and has worked in management positions at the St Regis and Grand Hyatt hotel groups in Washington DC, United States.
Mr Rimmer has been engaged as a consultant chef for a limited period, to open the new kitchen and restaurant of Victoria Falls Safari Club.
Africa Albida Tourism (AAT) chief executive Ross Kennedy said Mr Rimmer, who is a product of Silwood School of Cookery in Cape Town, has had stints at well-known restaurants in the Cape.
Among them are Terroir in Stellenbosch, The Cellars-Hohenhort, The Pot Luck Club and The Test Kitchen in Cape Town under the tutorship of legendary chef Luke Dale-Roberts.
The Safari Club lounge and restaurant will now serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as high teas and sundowner canapés.
The new club swimming pool complex will also offer light meals and refreshments.
Current Victoria Falls Safari Club manager Augustine Maungwe will take up the position of assistant food and beverage manager at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge.