- Governors' Partners with Paul Joynson-Hicks for Photographic Safaris in the Masai Mara
- Temporary closure of Saadani airstrip
- Enter Zimbabwe onto the Ultra-High-End Luxury Safari Stage
- Anti-poaching boots delivered to Rhinos Without Borders and DNPW Zambia
- Natural Selection Welcomes “The Jackal & Hide” In The Greater Okavango Delta To Their Portfolio
- Roving Bushtops is on the move to Kusini, southern Serengeti
- Safari Roadshow - cancellations mean space is available
- New appointed Head of Sales and Reservations
- Shadows of Africa opens a new office in Zanzibar
- Hideaways Heading to the Beach
Desert & Delta Safaris, Botswana, Camp UpgradesBy *Sue Ricketts, Desert & Delta Safaris
Camp Xakanaxa Tent Refurbishment & Savute Safari Lodge Public Areas Rebuild
January 2019 update from Desert & Delta Safaris
Exciting News from Camp Xakanaxa
Camp Xakanaxa has commenced refurbishment to all 11 luxury tents during the existing extended closure and will be reopening on the 1st March 2019.
The refurbishment will include a fresh canvas wrap, some new furnishings and a retouch of existing decor. While the room refurbishment will create significantly more space to the interiors, it will still be aligned with the authentic intimate camp style that Camp Xakanaxa has successfully maintained for so many years.
We will also be including a family tent, which has two separate bedrooms, two bathrooms, a comfortable lounge and a private deck area. There is also an additional sleeper couch in the second bedroom to cater for families with three children
More Family Inventory in 2019!
With the addition of a new family room available from the 1st March 2019 at Leroo La Tau & Camp Xakanaxa the Ultimate Family Safari Package is now easier to sell.
Public area refurbishment at Savute Safari Lodge
Extensive refurbishments to the main public areas overlooking the channel & waterholes are taking place during the extended closure period this January - March 2019.
The concept of the new areas is to make best use of the space in-front of the Savute channel and active waterhole. The new facilities will include a relocation of the swimming pool to a more discreet location facing the channel, new walkways, multiple dining locations and new deck areas with a live cooking area for brunches and dinner.
Multiple levelled viewing decks will all be connected by walkways providing different vantage points over the waterhole where guests will have the opportunity to find their own space to enjoy bar service and admire the remarkable animal encounters that take place around the channel and waterhole.
Savute Safari Lodge is renowned for some of Africa's most intense “in-lodge” wildlife experiences and we are thrilled to have the opportunity to make the most of this location in the upcoming refurbishment.