- New Lion-King-Themed Family- Safari from Jenman African Safaris - Journey To The Pride Lands
- Journey to East Africa
- Sega Tours Indian Ocean's Office Move
- Inspirational Imagery On Hideaways’ New Website
- Wilderness Safaris Jao Camp Reopens in the Okavango Delta
- £24 000 raised for elephant conservation
- Teen's Record-Breaking 6,000km Solo Charity Cycle to End in Cape Town on Tuesday 9 July
- Wilderness Safaris Hwange Walking Safari Season Begins
- South African Airways Introduces New State-of-the-Art Aircraft in its Fleet
- Join Kamageo at our exclusive screening of Disney's 'The Lion King'
Lemalas' Melegali Spa cultural massage proves popular with guestsBy Veronica Otter, Lemala Camps and Lodges
From its origins as a Maasai symbol of warrior status, to an instrument of relaxation, the rungu is taking the world of spa treatments by storm with the growing popularity of the African Rungu Massage. But back home where the massage has its roots, it’s proving to be a popular cultural experience for tourists.
Traditionally used for hunting and in combat, the rungu is a small, carved baton, which makes it particularly effective at providing a deep tissue therapeutic and relaxing body massage. The popularity of the African Rungu Massage is such that it is growing in prominence across Africa and in European spas.
But in East Africa, guests at Lemala’s Mpingo Ridge, Nanykie, and Kuria Hills Tented Lodges and the Lemala Wildwaters Lodge are moving from one African experience to another, said Lemala’s CEO Leanne Haigh.
“Our guests are returning from safari to relax with an African Rungu Massage at Lemala’s inhouse Melegali Spa,” said Leanne.
“They take some time out to pamper themselves and relax. And our guests tell us it’s the best massage they’ve ever had.”
Meaning ‘on the road’ in Swahili, the Melegali Spa helps guests to unwind after a day of excitement, game viewing and exploring. In true Lemala style, the stunning African landscapes are never far away, as the Spas are located in peaceful, natural settings in tents and on open decks so guests can enjoy the temperate atmosphere and take in the views.
As well as the cultural experience of the African Rungu Massage, the Melegali Spa menu includes Swedish, Deep Tissue, half-body, head, neck and shoulder, and foot massage, offering affordable luxury within Lemala’s 5-star properties.
For more information or to book an African Rungu Massage, visit www.lemalacamp.com, contact Lemala on +255788734834 or email email@example.com