- South African Airways Introduces New State-of-the-Art Aircraft in its Fleet
- Join Kamageo at our exclusive screening of Disney's 'The Lion King'
- Travel with Purpose with Wilderness Safaris – Children in the Wilderness (1)
- The last of the Explorers, the beginning of the adventure
- Nimali Mara Now Open
- Adrift Uganda Rebrands to Wild Horizons Uganda
- Zambezi Cruise & Safaris Expands in Mana Pools
- Hideaways Dhows Zambezi Truth Fully Operational From 1 July
- Midweek flights to Saint Helena Island December 2019 - March 2020
- Geographical Association Study Tour - Malawi 2020
Wilderness Safaris Hwange Walking Safari Season BeginsBy Wendy Ngcobo, Wilderness Safaris
The 2019 season for Wilderness Safaris’ four-night Hwange Walking Safari has begun, running until end September 2019 and offering adventurers and explorers an immersive, wild and exclusive experience in Zimbabwe’s renowned Hwange National Park.
“Rather than simply being spectators, today’s experiential travellers tend to seek out highly-personalised offerings that allow them to participate in the adventure. Our Hwange Walking Safari offers just that and more”, says Dean Morton, Wilderness Safaris Zimbabwe Operations Manager. “Experiencing the thrill of Hwange while tracking wildlife on foot by day and, by night, sitting around a crackling fire with nothing but the sounds of nature and the stars above will immerse you even more in Africa”.
The Hwange Walking Safari offers guests the unique opportunity to explore Wilderness Safaris’ private Linkwasha and Makalolo Concessions on foot and vehicle. Access to these wildlife-rich concessions – where the highest densities of large mammals in Hwange are found due to its rich habitat diversity – is solely for Wilderness Safaris guests
With the aim of gaining access to the best possible game viewing, two nights are spent in dome tents whilst camping at Ngamo Pan, while the first and last nights are spent in the luxury of Wilderness Safaris’ Davison’s and Linkwasha camps respectively.
Each Hwange Walking Safari is led by a passionate and experienced guide equipped with years of training and development so they can offer the best life-changing experience. “Nowhere else in Africa will you find more experienced guides than in Zimbabwe. Their rigorous training serves them in good stead when leading walking safaris and will ensure an unbeatable safari experience”, adds Dean.